Friday, 27 March 2020. Signal Wizard Systems is proud to announce the release of the 64-bit version of vsound 2.7 for Windows 10. New features include:
- Over 100 IRs for violin, viola, cello and upright bass
- Attractive new user interface
- Versatile fader controls for smooth taper of impulse responses
- Import of both 16-bit and 32-bit (PCM) WAV files for users' own IRs
- Full flash operating system reboot
- Intelligent COM port selection
- Improved software integrity
- Revised help system and user manual
Bug fix: Version 2.7 of vsound for Mac OSX
Wednesday, 12 February 2020. Resolved: saving IRs after use of fader controls. Improved fader functionality.
Version 2.7 of vsound released for macOS Catalina (64-bit)
Friday, 07 February 2020. Signal Wizard Systems is proud to announce the release of the 64-bit version of vsound 2.7 for the Mac OSX operating system including macOS Catalina. New features include:
- Versatile fader control for smooth taper of impulse responses
- Full flash operating system reboot
- Improved software integrity
- Revised Help Files and User Manual
Version 2.6 of vsound released for macOS Catalina (64-bit)
- Selectable reverse scrolling for users with Magic Mouse
- Extended context-sensitive help
- Revised User Manual
- Improved pedal connection integrity
New bundle with 65 IRs: Bass, cello, viola and violin
Monday, 11 November 2019. Signal Wizard Systems is proud to announce the release of IR Bundle 3. It includes 65 IRs of basses, cellos, violas and violins, compatible with vsound 2.5 for both Mac and Windows operating systems. The bundle is free to download and use with the vsound hardware.
Bug fix: Version 2.5 of vsound for Mac OSX
Thursday, 20 June 2019. The compatibility issue with the Mac version of vsound 2.5 has been resolved. The software may now be used with all UK, USA and European language settings.
Language compatibility issue with vsound for Mac OSX
Wednesday, 19 June 2019. The Mac version of vsound 2.5 has compatibility issues with certain language settings. We advise that any Mac running vsound 2.5 should be set to UK or USA language. We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.
Bug fix: Version 2.5 of vsound for Windows
Wednesday, 19 June 2019. Bug-fix applied to version 2.5 of vsound for Windows. The file name was formerly incorrectly shown in the x-axis cursor field.
Version 2.5 of vsound released for Windows
Wednesday, 28 May 2019. Signal Wizard Systems is proud to announce the release of vsound 2.5 for the Windows operating system. The software includes the following refinements:
- Interactive mouse or track pad EQ.
- New smooth graphing of IR and frequency response plots.
- Sizeable batch file processing window
- Concurrent IR and frequency response plotting using the Select IR window.
- Extended help capability.
Version 2.5 of vsound released for Mac OSX
- Streamlined, intuitive user interface.
- Single-click pedal detection.
- Precision, highly flexible EQ, just by using the mouse wheel or pad. Re-sizeable batch load window.
- Simplified gain remastering. Pedal IR auto re-load.
- Package includes high-quality violin, cello and violin/cello hybrid responses.
New hybrid violin/cello, cello and violin bundle
Friday, 08 February 2019. We are pleased to announce an amazing bundle of unique IRs, which includes 25 hybrid violin/cello IRs, 5 cello IRs and 5 violin IRs. All free to use with the vsound pedal. You're welcome! Visit the downloads page or click here.
Signal Wizard Systems at the NAMM Show, January 2019
Wednesday, 30 January 2019. From setting up on the morning of the 23rd to the last demonstration on the evening of Saturday 26th, the show was crazy, exhausting, exhilarating and downright bizarre! Take a look at this slide show to see what we mean!
Version 2.3 of vsound software released
Tuesday, 01 January 2019. Signal Wizard Systems is proud to announce the release of version 2.3 of the software for vsound 2. The new-look version includes a number of refinements that make it even more intuitive to use. These include:
- Floating control windows, and sizeable plots for IRs and frequency responses, making the spectrum editor even simpler to use.
- Improved button layout, with single-click buttons for commonly used functions.
- Spectrum editor, introduced in version 2.2, now completely replaces the older EQ functions.
- User-scalable vertical axis on the frequency display, enabling precise comparisons of spectrum editing (before and after).
- Improved helpfile (context sensitive and stand-alone PDF).
Signal Wizard Systems to showcase vsound at NAMM 2019, January 24-27, Anaheim, California
Monday, 10 December, 2018. Signal Wizard Systems will be showcasing vsound at this year’s NAMM exhibition, which is taking place at the Anaheim Convention Centre, Anaheim, California, from January 24 – 27. We will be bringing along our latest products, so if you are at the show, we’d love to see you there! We will be located at booth 9151.
Our visit has been made possible by the generosity of the United Kingdom's Department for Trade and Industry Trade Access programme (TAP).
Hans Johannsson delivers TEDx on the essence of the violin sound
Thursday, 15 November 2018. Hans Johannsson, the renowned violin maker and major research partner to Signal Wizard Systems, explores a fascinating juxtaposition of an age-old traditional craft on the one hand and the pursuit of science and technology on the other. The development of electric bowed string instruments through digital signal analysis sheds light on the knowledge that has hitherto been solely characterized by tacit intuitive methods, with the aim of expanding classical instrument making. Hans Johannsson has made classical stringed instruments since the late seventies.
Version 2.2 of vsound software released
Tuesday, 30 October 2018. Signal Wizard Systems is proud to announce the release of version 2.2 of the software for vsound 2. The new version boasts a number of new features which make the system even more flexible for optimizing impulse responses. These include:
- A Spectrum Editor - a unique and very powerful feature introduced in vsound version 2.2. It allows the frequency response to be modified directly in the frequency domain with exceptional precision, generating a new impulse response that can then be saved or downloaded to the hardware unit in the usual manner. Unlike the graphic and arbitrary equalizers, the Spectrum Editor introduces zero latency in the modified impulse response
- Improved zoom/unzoom control for frequency responses
- New cello impulse responses
- New violin impulse responses
- Hybrid cello/violin impulse response
- Improved helpfile (context sensitive and stand-alone PDF)